Taking time to appreciate the little things can easily be glanced over as life whizzes by so quickly, but recently I've been trying to look at life in a more positive way, because really life is too short! It really can be the little things that bring a smile to my face each day, I think we as Humans often get caught up on the stresses of daily life & often forget nice things that happen throughout our day.
- Having time to take my morning coffee back to bed.
- Walking Tilly through the countryside early in the morning or just before the sun sets.
- Planning a spa day with one of my oldest & bestest friends.
- Adding all my spare pennies to our savings jar
- Dom picking me up from work in an evening & greeting me with the biggest hug ever.
- Arranging flowers in little glass bottles
- FaceTiming my little Brother who lives over in Turkey
- pug hugs
- Baking, I've always loved baking but never made much time for it!
- Receiving lovely comments & tweets from you guys (appreciate every single one of you that reads my blog!)
- Making someone a cup of tea when they come home from a hard day at work
- That feeling when you find something you'd been searching weeks for (my MacBook charger!)
- Getting the reduced cupcakes from Tesco
- Painting my nails perfectly, for once!
- Hearing the Northern accent again after being away down South for 3 years
Lots of lovely little things happen during my day & taking 5 minutes to recap on a few of those things each week feels weirdly rewarding. I've always been such a negative person but it's so refreshing to be able to think more positively & actually notice the nice things that surround me.